Wandering History Nerd

Hello, and welcome to my secondary history blog! You might be wondering what this is.

If you're at all familiar with my other blog, MarkerQuest, then this won't seem entirely strange to you. Over there, I write about Pennsylvania history by following the 'trail' of markers erected by the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission. It's a bit exclusive that way. But I do a lot of other historical exploration too! There are plenty of things of historical interest in Pennsylvania which don't have one of those markers attached to them. I also (sometimes) go outside of my home state, and I don't have the ability to resist soaking up as much historical knowledge as I can whenever I go on vacation. It probably drives my loved ones a bit spare, to be honest, but I gotta be me.

So after thinking it over for some time, I decided that a second blog was the best way to make use of all this stuff clogging up my brain. Unlike MQ, which updates on a weekly schedule (well, usually), this will be a lot less rigid and basically will update whenever I feel like it and have some free time to write about my assorted adventures. Unless I indicate otherwise, everything you read on here is written by me, and all the pictures are my own as well. Feel free to click on any photos in my posts if you have difficulty seeing them; clicking will bring up larger versions of the images.

The header image is Castell Conwy (Conwy Castle) in northern Wales, which I had the privilege of visiting in June 2019 - five years, almost to the day, before I started this blog. Wales and Scotland are my primary ancestral homelands and I'm deeply fond of them both, but Wales in particular. This picture of me is also from Wales; I was in the adorable village of Betws-y-Coed.

I hope you enjoy following me around the world and back again! 



Comments

Popular Posts